The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
Guys. If you have shown up here before, you know who my queen is. And she slaaaays. Yes, she’s Beyonce.
Ever since the days of Writings on the Wall, I’ve watched her videos obsessively and, since I’m a dancer at heart, tried to learn the choreography. But I’m not great at teaching it to myself, because she’s Beyonce and I’m Brittany – it’ll take more than a second to pick it up.
So when random Googling let me to the Beyonce Bodies class at Broadway Bodies here in NYC, I just about peed myself. Of course, they were all sold out for weeks after hearing about them. And then I saw that they added “emergency classes” to learn the Super Bowl halftime show choreography, and it became my #1 focus in life to get into those classes.
After a few weeks of trying, I finally went last Thursday! And omg it was fun. Except here’s the thing: I literally Beyonced too hard. I had to run out of the room and throw up. I tried to embody her, and it was too much Beyonce for my tiny body, I guess.
Here’s my class marking a run-through:
Yep, I’m in there. It’s so blurry, but I’m toward the left of the screen, halfway back in a grey cami and the black capris and ankle brace. I wish I had a video of us dancing full-out (where I’m still in the class) though! I want to go back, but kind of need to nurse the embarrassment for another week or two first.
And this gym? I think it was designed by me in an alternate reality or something. Because it’s so perfect for me. Besides the Broadway Cardio classes the studio is named for, and the other videos they learn in Beyonce Bodies, they also have theme classes for Britney Spears, Rihanna, and Janet Jackson. They just need to add an 80’s hair metal jazz class and Missy Elliott.
I cannot wait to try them all out. Cuz I slay.
On the Blog(s)
- Review: The Consequence of Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken
- Signup: February Write On Review-a-Thon
- 8 Things Entrepreneurs Have in Common with Leslie Knope (yup, this happened)
- Blog Branding: 11 Things to Consider Besides Your Logo
Also, I’m co-hosting a live workshop about blog branding this Saturday. Join us if you’re free!
Write On Review-a-Thon
It’s that time of the month again! (No, not that time, thankfully…) It’s “review your ass off” time! I haven’t been reading or reviewing or signing up for as much lately, so I’m mostly getting to unscheduled reviews or trying to get ahead for March.
Knock out your own to-do list this weekend.
Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen Beautiful Boss by Christina Lauren– scheduled for 2/29
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn
What I’ve read:
- Beautiful Boss by Christina Lauren – this book made me feel everything. The romance, the similarities, the differences, the goddamn nostalgia of seeing this group together again. Oh, man…
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn – hilarious, ridiculous, and reminded me so much of my own family. Which made me realize I don’t have it that bad with the wrath of their pranks.
- Hawke by Sawyer Bennett – not my favorite second chance romance, but I actually like it a lot more if you ignore that part of their history, which I kind of let myself do.
- The Game Plan by R.L. Mathewson – a quick re-read, I didn’t get through the whole thing. I didn’t have internet to download a new book, and this was the only book already on my old iPad that I can re-read a few dozen times.