The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
So, it’s been awhile. Let me catch you up.
I’ve still been trying to focus on my freelance business as much as possible to get my medical bills paid and start rebuilding my savings. That means less time for reading and book blogging, sadly.
I’m also taking time off of some other projects that really excited me, so I’m kind of burnt out right now. But I still work on them here and there when ideas come to me or when I have only 15 minutes for jotting down notes, versus “big project” work.
I’ve also had more time for reading again the past week or so, and spent almost all day yesterday with a book that had been on my TBR forever. It felt so good!
Tax season has also started, so bye bye boyfriend. I always read more this time of year, since I’m alone so much more. :/
So today, I’ve been catching up on work for all businesses – the day job, freelancing, and blogging. I took a quick break to pop popcorn and watch Beyonce. It’s pretty impressive that her and Bruno Mars can both say they’ve played the halftime show twice in 4 (or 3) years.
It’s also pretty impressive that she can dance like that, in stilettos, on grass. There’s a reason why those of us in the Beyhive #bowdown. 😛
On the Blog(s)
- Review: Getting Rough by C.L. Parker
- Review: Wicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren
- Review: Happily Ever Ninja by Penny Reid
- Sign Up: January Write On Review-a-Thon
- Wrap Up: January Write On Review-a-Thon
- How I Stay Organized (and Sane) Juggling a Dozen Projects
- How to Encourage More Pinterest Shares
- Just Checking In: Goodbye January, Hello February
- Author Bumblings – author marketing services – mind helping me spread the word? here’s a tweet!
- Read & Review ARC Tracker – organize your book reviews and get your shit together!
Links I Lurve
Do you skimm?
TheSkimm is a daily newsletter (every weekday) that sends you a summary of the headlines from the day before. Actually, it’s better. Because the writing is funny, sarcastic, witty, and full of fun culture references. All while making me a more informed citizen. After all, why read the news when I can read a book? 😛
What I’ve read:
- Hero by Samantha Young – This is the one that had been on my TBR forevvvvs and it was so good. At first, their situation and history kind of weirded me out, but then it got really hot and I didn’t mind so much. 😉
- Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen – This was basically She’s All That combined with a few other 90’s/early 2000’s teen rom coms. Aka my dream universe.
- I Love How You Love Me by Bella Andre – Didn’t love the insta-love on Dylan’s side, but really loved Grace’s side of things, so I still enjoyed it.