The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was expensive and such a save at the same time.
Those recent illnesses I keep kvetching about made it hard to go home, so I stayed in the city by myself for kind of a blogging marathon. I got so much done! It was amazing! I’m really hoping to have my first paid product for sale either here or on my other blog by the end of the year.
But one-upping my blogs and business over the break meant investing in a lot of new stuff. I’d been holding off on buying things because I knew there’d be great Cyber Weekend deals – and they didn’t disappoint! I may have spent hundreds on website and blogging tools the past few days, but I’ve literally saved thousands (I did the math!).
Being the geek I am, this was way more fun than braving the outdoors and crowds and buying clothes and stuff on Black Friday. I can’t wait to dig into all this software!
On the Blog(s)
- Review: More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs
- Review: Ninja at First Sight by Penny Reid
- Review: Once Upon a Power Play by Jennifer Bonds
- 9 Awesome Cyber Weekend Sales for Book Bloggers
- 15 Gifts Every Blogger Should Get This Year
- Wrap-Up: November Write On Review-a-Thon
- Signup: November Write On Review-a-Thon
- 4 Cheap & Easy Ways to Deliver Content Upgrades
Become a Badass Book Blogger
Love hanging out with other book bloggers but hate how disorganized Facebook and Goodreads groups can be? Me too. My new favorite place to connect with other marketers, freelancers, and bloggers is through Slack communities. Originally meant as a team chat system for things like interoffice instant messaging, it’s now being used to create amazing communities and forums, as well.
I searched high and low for a Slack group for book bloggers, even tried to
bribe persuade other book bloggers to start one. I came up with zilch, so I bit the bullet and started one myself!
And that’s how Badass Book Bloggers came to be!
I just created the team a few weeks ago, so now is your chance to be one of the earliest members that helps decide what the group will come to be. Right now, it’s a place to ask questions, share what you’re reading, get book recommendations, and learn how to be a badass book blogger. And share gifs. They have an awesome Giphy integration. 😛
Organize Your ARCs
You know how I’m type A and obsessively organized, right? Over the past year, I’ve put together some pretty epic planning sheets, calendars, and trackers for book blogging. And one by one, I’m sharing them with you!
By the end of the year, you’ll be able to grab my planner for reading, reviewing, cross-posting, and promoting ARCs – for less than the price of a pumpkin spice latte. 😉
Book Bumblings: What I’ve Read
- Under the Spotlight by Kate Willoughby – I just started this, and the characters haven’t even met yet, but so far I really like them both individually!
- Dirty Deeds by Megan Erickson – I fell so hard for the heroine so long ago, I couldn’t not love this book.
- Sweet Bliss by Helena Rac – This had so many tropes that I love! Long-distance romance (or is it?). Chicago. Baked goods. Europe. Such a fun read!
- Baking & Babies by Tara Sivec – Molly is so different from the rest of her extended / informal family that this makes for a pretty interesting read. I’m slipping in chapters between ARCs so it’s taking awhile. 🙁