The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
Wow, so I think this is the longest I’ve gone without an update, even when I was in the middle of moving and starting the new job! Being suck all the damn time sucks. It’s coming up on 6 months now that I’ve been having worsening stomach probs, and it’s gettin’ bad, y’all. Pretty sure they’re ending tomorrow, though – fingers crossed!
I’ve also been working on building an ARC tracker to keep book bloggers organized. I think it’ll be finished this week, and then comes setting up the tech. It should be up for grabs by the end of the year! 🙂
I’ve also been blogging a lot more on my other blog, that talks about productivity and blogging advice. That might explain why you’ve seen a tad less of me here. Have no fear! I’ve been reading up a storm and have a lot of reviews coming up. Plus I’ve made a bit of a dent in my book review backlog for once. Huzzah!
Then, my parents came to visit this weekend, yay! And they actually met my boyfriend’s parents for the first time, even though we’ve been together for more than 7 years. Geography was just working against us: my parents in one state, his parents in another, and Alex and I in a third. We walked through The High Line and then went to a few bars in the West Village and Midtown. But damn, was it cold!
Also, today’s my Bat Mitzvahversary lol. 11/15/03. Mazel tov to me! 12 years ago today, and I feel old. 🙁
On the Blog(s)
- Q&A: Getting to Know The Ripped Bodice
- Review: The Pitch by Belinda Williams
- Review: One King’s Way by Samantha Young
- Review: Hard Beat by K. Bromberg
- Become a Badass Book Blogger
- Wrap Up: October Write On Review-a-Thon
- Colorful 2016 Planners for Bloggers & Creatives
- Bloggers: Why You Should Assume Tech Problems Are Your Fault
Become a Badass Book Blogger
Love hanging out with other book bloggers but hate how disorganized Facebook and Goodreads groups can be? Me too. My new favorite place to connect with other marketers, freelancers, and bloggers is through Slack communities. Originally meant as a team chat system for things like interoffice instant messaging, it’s now being used to create amazing communities and forums, as well.
I searched high and low for a Slack group for book bloggers, even tried to
bribe persuade other book bloggers to start one. I came up with zilch, so I bit the bullet and started one myself!
And that’s how Badass Book Bloggers came to be!
I just created the team a few weeks ago, so now is your chance to be one of the earliest members that helps decide what the group will come to be. Right now, it’s a place to ask questions, share what you’re reading, get book recommendations, and learn how to be a badass book blogger. And share gifs. They have an awesome Giphy integration. 😛
Links I Lurve
Have you seen The Ripped Bodice? They’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign to become the United States’ first brick-and-mortar all-romance bookstore. How awesome, right?!
Their campaign is down to the wire – they’ve raised $83,000 out of their $90,000 goal, with 3 days to go. If you become a backer, there are a ton of amazing rewards for you. If they get funded, I’ll be getting the digital downloads along with a hoodie, a tank, and a tote bag. Aka, these are a few of my favorite things…
You could also choose just one or two pieces of swag, or go big and sponsor a drawer in the store’s card catalog or sponsor an event at the venue!
Book Bumblings: What I’ve Read
- Sweet Bliss by Helena Rac – Just started this, but I love it so far! It’s sexy and sweet – and I mean that literally, because it has one of my favorite tropes: bakery owner.
- Untamed by S.C. Stephens – Oh, Griffin, Griffin, Griffin. I wanted to kick him in the nuts so hard for 90% of this book, but I think that’s the point. It’s a book version of an episode of Behind the Music.
- Baking & Babies by Tara Sivec – Only partially into this one as well, but it’s been interesting so far. It has the gang’s signature style, but then Molly is also so different from the rest of the gang, and that shows, too.
- Getting Rough by C.L. Parker – Agh, the cliffhangers in these series! I loved this book, but there were a few twists at the end that changed things. Excited to talk about it more in my review!
- Once Upon a Power Play by Jennifer Bonds – Eek, this was so good. At first I was kind of confused about how the characters knew the ones from book 1 and was too preoccupied on it, but once my memory triggered, this book was amazing lol.
- One King’s Way by Samantha Young – Well, for this one you can just read my review.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso – Yup, still trudging through this one. The reason it’s taking me so long is NOT because it’s bad. It’s amazing. But it’s also a hardcover, which is a big old pain in the ass.