The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
Lots and lots of changes happening lately:
- I’m 25! My birthday was yesterday (Saturday), and I took a full day off. I did not work on anything. No jobs, no blogs, no side projects. My boyfriend had work, so I just laid around in my Doctor Who onesie watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and eating leftover Dominos and microwave s’mores. Aka, the perfect day.
- I’m a freelancer. I’ve been what I referred to as a “pseudo-freelancer” for awhile – small projects here and there or offering services in exchange for something besides money, like free or discounted services for myself. But I now have a recurring client and a few more deals in the works.
- The blogs, they are a’changing. You may have noticed I’ve been posting a lot less than normal. That’s because I’ve been working on stuff behind the scenes that’s not quite ready for the public yet. But I can guarantee you, it’s all worth the wait!
On the Blog(s)
- Wrap-Up: September Write On Review-a-Thon
- Be a Better Blogger: Improve Your Book Blog’s SEO
- Just Checking In: Goodbye September, Hello October
- Author Bumblings – author marketing services – mind helping me spread the word? here’s a tweet!
- Work Smarter Weekly – get productivity and app tips in your inbox every Saturday morning.
Links I Lurve
Love hanging out with other book bloggers but hate how disorganized Facebook and Goodreads groups can be? Me too. My new favorite place to connect with other marketers, freelancers, and bloggers is through Slack communities. Originally meant as a team chat system for things like interoffice instant messaging, it’s now being used to create amazing communities and forums, as well.
I searched high and low for a Slack group for book bloggers, even
bribed persuaded other book bloggers to start one. I came up with zilch, so I bit the bullet and started one myself!
And that’s how Badass Book Bloggers came to be!
I just created the team a few weeks ago, so now is your chance to be one of the earliest members that helps decide what the group will come to be. Right now, it’s a place to ask questions, share what you’re reading, get book recommendations, and learn how to be a badass book blogger. And share gifs. They have an awesome Giphy integration. 😛
What I’ve read:
- Manwhore by Katy Evans
- Manwhore +1 by Katy Evans
- Ms. Manwhore by Katy Evans (read my review)
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling