The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
Woof. It would be really great if I could just not leave the house or talk to anyone this whole week! Not just because that would probably mean a lot of Netflix, but because it would cancel out last week, which was one of the most overwhelming ones in recent memory.
Like I mentioned last week, I went to Boston for a conference. And it was really great! I got to make connections with a lot of people smarter than me and talked them into not ignoring my future emails. I saw Brene Brown, Aziz Ansari, Chelsea Clinton, Sophia Amoruso (Nastygal founder), Jonah Peretti (BuzzFeed founder & CEO), and Amy. fucking. Schumer. speak.
But…there were 14,000 people. For four days. And you know how I like my peace and quiet.
My hotel also ended being almost an hour away from the conference, adding even more time onto the 12-hour days. I came home and slept for 13 hours straight. Then I woke up for 2 hours and slept for 4 more. No joke. I’m still recovering.
Also – 12-hour days. 2-hour commute. Keep that in mind when you see only 2 new posts from last week. 😉
On the Blog(s)
Be a Better Blogger:
For this month’s challenge, we’re writing / planning reviews – to not publish. They’ll go in a rainy day file for when you’re strapped for blog content. Failing to plan is planning to fail, and all. 😛 The goal is to, at the least, outline talking points for 3 different book reviews. Of course, you could also draft or fully format them.
Links I Lurve: One Woman Shop Solopreneur Success Bundle
I’m part of an amazing online community of female business owners called One Woman Shop. I may not have a business yet myself, but these ladies are doing amazing things. One of those things? The Solopreneur Success Bundle.
It’s 19 products valued at over $1,500 – but when you buy the bundle available this week only, they cost only $99. And you’d be surprised at how many of these “business” products will help you learn how to grow a blog! Here are some of the included resources that you’ll like:
- Blog Beautiful: a 178-page guide to learn how to spruce up your site.
- Building Your Online Community: I’m taking this ecourse myself, and it’s amazingly helpful for learning how to engage with your readers!
- The Self-Editing Handbook: a guide for bloggers, because what’s more embarrassing than having a typo in a book review that mentions typos in the final copy? 😛
What I’ve read:
- Hardwired by Meredith Wild – $6.99 – So, I’m rereading this to gear up for Hard Love’s release. And comparing my notes from my first read, when I wanted to work at a startup, to now, when I do, has been hilarious. Scenes where I originally made a note of “this sounds so cool!” have now been changed to “if I have to do/talk about this one more time…” But the book itself is just as good. 🙂
- Easy Love by Kristen Proby – $4.99 – Yes! I FINALLY read this! It’s only been sitting on both my bookshelf and my Kindle shelf for months. I was just so drowned in ARCs and now I’m all caught up! It was just as amazing as I knew it would be, and has me fiending to see New Orleans.
- Easy Charm by Kristen Proby – $4.99 – Haha, yup. I bought this less than 60 seconds after finishing Easy Love. And I’ve already finished this one, too. The Boudreaux family is my new favorite family.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso – $12.99 – I haven’t read much of this since I have it in hardcover and I never want to leave the house with that bulk (most of my reading is on the subway). But loving Sophia’s story so far, and matching it up to other anecdotes I’ve read about and heard from her. So inspiring!