I love to laugh. Hard. Embarrassing cackling and guffawing. And you should, too. Laughing is super awesome for our health, which is a great excuse to spend all my time reading funny books and watching funny sitcoms. 😉
Laughing: it’s all in the name of health.
These romantic comedy authors…they make it happen. (It was hard enough to pick out just ten from my long list, so they’re listed in alphabetical order to avoid more decision-making.)
Do your brain a favor and read some of the books below.
Note: You might notice that for some authors, not all of their books are here. That’s because I only included a book if, (a) it’s a comedy, so other genres aren’t included, or (b) I’ve read and it made me LOL or have found out enough about them to say they’ll make me LOL.
Favorite Book: Love Thy Neighbor (Friend-Zoned #2)
So why is it so hard for them to be around each other?
With no hope of the two getting along they decide to go their separate ways. And somehow end up closer than they’ve ever been.
Will friendship ever be enough for the pair?
Favorite Book: Tangled (Tangled #1)
Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?
He’ll tell you he has the flu.
But we all know that’s not really true.
Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything – or anyone – derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.
Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?
Can Drew Evans win at love?
Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.
- Holy Frigging Matrimony (Tangled #1.5)
- Twisted (Tangled #2)
- Tamed (Tangled #3)
- Tied (Tangled #4)
- Overruled (Legal Briefs #1) – read the review
- Sustained (Legal Briefs #2) – read the review
- Appealed (Legal Briefs #3)
Favorite Book: Wallbanger (Cocktail #1)
The first night after Caroline moves into her fantastic new San Francisco apartment, she realizes she’s gaining an intimate knowledge of her new neighbor’s nocturnal adventures. Thanks to paper-thin walls and the guy’s athletic prowess, she can hear not just his bed banging against the wall, but the ecstatic response of what seems (as loud night after loud night goes by) like an endless parade of women.
And since Caroline is currently on a self-imposed dating hiatus, and her neighbor is clearly lethally attractive to women, she finds her fantasies keep her awake even longer than the noise. So when the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts Simon Parker, her heard-but-never-seen neighbor.
The tension between them is as thick as the walls are thin, and the results just as mixed. Suddenly, Caroline is finding she may have discovered a whole new definition of neighborly…
In a delicious mix of silly and steamy, Alice Clayton dishes out a hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight…
- The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead #1)
- The Redhead Revealed (Redhead #2)
- The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead #3)
- Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) – read the review
- Screwdrivered (Cocktail #3) – read the review
- Mai Tai’d Up (Cocktail #4)
- Last Call (Cocktail #4.5)
- Nuts (Hudson Valley #1)
- Cream (Hudson Valley #2)
To get the latest romcom reviews, subscribe to new Bumblings:
Favorite Book: Losing It (Losing It #1)
But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe.
And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor.
She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
- Faking It (Losing It #2)
- Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)
- Finding It (Losing It #3)
- Seeking Her (Losing It #3.5)
- All Lined Up (Rusk University #1)
- All Broke Down (Rusk University #2) – read the review
- All Played Out (Rusk University #3) – read the review
Favorite Book: Beautiful Player (The Beautiful Series #3)
When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?
Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.
- Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series #1)
- Beautiful Bitch (The Beautiful Series #1.5)
- Beautiful Stranger (The Beautiful Series #2)
- Beautiful Bombshell (The Beautiful Series #2.5)
- Beautiful Beginning (The Beautiful Series #3.5)
- Beautiful Beloved (The Beautiful Series #3.6) – read the review
- Beautiful Secret (The Beautiful Series #4) – read the review
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1)
- Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Thing #2)
- Dark Wild Night (Wild Thing #3)
- Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Thing #4)
Favorite Book: Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City #2)
1) She suffers from severe sarcastic syndrome, especially when she’s unnerved
2) No one unnerves her like Nico Manganiello, and
3) She knows how to knit.
Elizabeth Finney is almost always right about everything: the musical merits of boy bands are undervalued by society, “benefits” with human Ken dolls are better without friendship, and the sun has set on her once-in-a-lifetime chance for true love. But when Elizabeth’s plans for benefits without friendship are disarmed by the irritatingly charismatic and chauvinistic Nico Manganiello- her former nemesis- she finds herself struggling to maintain the electric fence around her heart while avoiding electrocution or, worse, falling in love.
- Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City #1) – read the review
- Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City #1.5) – read the review
- Love Hacked (Knitting in the City #3) – read the review
- Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City #4) – read the review
- Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City #4.5) – read the review
- Attraction (Elements of Chemistry #1) – read the review
- Heat (Elements of Chemistry #2) – read the review
- Capture (Elements of Chemistry #3) – read the review
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) – read the review
- The Hooker and the Hermit – with L.H. Cosway – read the review
To get the latest romcom reviews, subscribe to new Bumblings:
Favorite Book: Tell Me You Love Me (Fire Me Up #1)
* * *
All I’ve ever wanted was to be loved, but if this is what true love is…I’m not so sure I want it anymore. It also makes me wonder if any of my memories of our once happy marriage are even real. Maybe I just conjured up the fairy tale in my head because I wanted…no…needed it so much. Who the hell knows?
“Molly just called to remind you about your book club meeting this afternoon.” He turns away. “I told her you’ve never missed a meeting and I doubt today would be any different.”
The door shuts behind him before I let a smile creep across my lips. Instantly, the hurt from this morning flees my mind and I feel nothing but giddiness. I have a book club meeting today, and let’s just say it’s not your everyday book club.
Sure, my husband may never truly love me again…but who needs love when you’re about to get an eyeful of hot firemen?
- Against the Wall (Against the Wall #1)
- Between the Sheets (Against the Wall #2)
- Straddling the Edge (Against the Wall #3)
- Playing Chase (Against the Wall #4)
Favorite Book: Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love #3)
Smart and sassy lawyer, Lily Adler, has been waging an epic battle with handsome and cocky Assistant District Attorney, Adam Roth since “the glitter incident” in preschool when they were four. Their friends’ marriage, a mysterious neighbor, a federal trial, and some bossy big sisters guarantee they’ll be spending plenty of time together.
When they try to play nicely, will they discover that their reaction to each other is even more volatile? Can they manage to date without anyone sustaining injury? Can they avoid the mobsters trying to kill them without killing each other first? Find out in Legal Briefs.
“Hot and sexy romance that will make you laugh out loud.” Mimi Strong, New York Times bestselling author of the the Peaches Monroe Trilogy
“Legal Briefs is equal parts sexy and funny. N.M. Silber is becoming my go to author when I want to laugh and swoon at the same time.” Sawyer Bennett, USA Today bestselling author of the Legal Affairs serial.
- The Law of Attraction (Lawyers in Love #1)
- The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love #2)
- Legally Wed (Lawyers in Love #3.5)
- Legal-i-tease (Lawyers in Love #3.6)
- Winning Appeal (Lawyers in Love #4)
- Nightmare in Night Court (Lawyers in Love #4.1)
- Crime & Cake (Lawyers in Love #4.2)
Favorite Book: Passion & Ponies (Chocoholics #2)
Ava Gilmore has the perfect life. She’s surrounded by people who love her, she’s having sex on a regular basis and her Coach bag collection just grew by three. The problem? She’s expected to follow in her family’s footsteps at Seduction and Snacks, working with sex toys and baked goods.
Ava loves vibrators and cupcakes as much as the next person, she’d just rather play with them than sell them. With her shopping addiction reaching an all time high and her credit card bills piling up, Ava decides to put her obsession to good use and start a fashion blog. But she has one other problem – the guy she’s having sex with has a My Little Pony addiction.
While dealing with her family’s disappointment and confusion over her choices, she finds support in the unlikeliest of places – Tyler Branson. Tyler has slowly wormed his way into her bed and her heart and he refuses to leave. Tyler has his own family problems to deal with and for the first time ever, Ava finds herself feeling bad for the annoying, immature guy and chanting “Friendship is magic!” during the sex she’d swore to stop having with him.
Ava needs to get her life in order once and for all before she finds herself doing something she never wanted to do – fall in love with a Brony.
- Seduction & Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1)
- Futures & Frosting (Chocolate Lovers #2)
- Troubles & Treats (Chocolate Lovers #3)
- Hearts & Llamas (Chocolate Lovers #3.5)
- Love & Lists (Chocoholics #1)
- Tattoos & Tatas (Chocoholics #2.5) – read the review
- Shame On You (Fool Me Once #1)
- Shame On Me (Fool Me Once #2)
- Shame On Him (Fool Me Once #3)
Rachel Van Dyken
Favorite Book: The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence #1)
I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. HIs fault. Not mine.
I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).
What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man.
They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison.
Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to.
- The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence #2) – read the review
- The Bet (The Bet #1)
- The Wager (The Bet #2)
- The Dare (The Bet #3) – read the review
To get the latest romcom reviews, subscribe to new Bumblings:
All Romantic Comedy Reviews:
- Buns (Hudson Valley #3) by Alice Clayton
- Below Deck by Tara Sivec
- Beautiful (Beautiful Bastard #5) by Christina Lauren
- Roman Crazy (Broads Abroad #1) by Alice Clayton, Nina Bocci
- Well Hung (Men of Rom Com #3) by Lauren Blakely
- Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley #2) by Alice Clayton
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn
- Grin and Beard It (The Winston Brothers #2) by Penny Reid
- Sour Grapes (Blue Plate #2) by Rachel Goodman
- The Player and the Pixie (Rugby #2) by L.H. Cosway, Penny Reid
- Beautiful Boss (Beautiful Bastard #4.5) by Christina Lauren
- The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3) by Rachel Van Dyken
- Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City #5) by Penny Reid
- Appealed (The Legal Briefs #3) by Emma Chase
- The Score (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy
- Big Rock by Lauren Blakely
- Sweet Bliss by Helena Rac
- Ninja at First Sight (Knitting in the City #4.75) by Penny Reid
- Nuts (Hudson Valley #1) by Alice Clayton
- Sustained (The Legal Briefs #2) by Emma Chase
- The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence #2) by Rachel Van Dyken
- The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence #1) by Rachel Van Dyken
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) by Penny Reid
- My So-Called Life (Love Not Included #3) by J.D Hollyfield
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by [author]
- Adapted for Film by Stacey Rourke
- The Hooker & the Hermit (Rugby #1) by L.H. Cosway, Penny Reid
- Floored (Frenched #3) by Melanie Harlow
- Wallbanger (Audiobook) (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton
- For Valentine's (No Weddings #4.5) by Kat & Stone Bastion
- Still Beautiful (20 Something #4) by Amy Patrick
- The Temp (The Temp #1) by Emily Benet
- Cover Story by Rachel Bailey
- Forked (Frenched #2) by Melanie Harlow
- Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City #4.5) by Penny Reid
- Three Christmases (No Weddings #4) by Kat & Stone Bastion
- Life Next Door (Love Not Included (Book #2)) by J.D Hollyfield
- Two Bar Mitzvahs (No Weddings #3) by Kat & Stone Bastion
- Screwdrivered (Cocktail #3) by Alice Clayton
- Stars in Their Eyes (Wrapped Up in Love #1) by Lauren Blakely
- As Long As You Love Me (2B Trilogy #2) by Ann Aguirre
- One Funeral (No Weddings #2) by Kat & Stone Bastion
- Sasha (Mixed Drinks #1) by Rae Matthews
- Tell Me You Love Me (Fired Up #1) by Julie Prestsater
- Love Hacked (Knitting in the City #3) by Penny Reid
- Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton