Happy New Year, everyone! This was when I officially planned to launch The Weekly Write-Up, so I’m super glad to be on week 3 already!
You may have (but most likely didn’t) noticed that I have a new banner for the feature…I was just really missing that dark pink I clearly love so much.
I’m also introducing a new feature to the weekly recaps to talk about books, aptly called Book Bumblings. Since I stopped posting the weekly sale alerts I had when I first started the blog, I haven’t had a place to share stuff about books. So that section will be about anything books – what’s on sale, thoughts about books I’ve read and haven’t reviewed yet, etc.
I had another week off work (hollaaa!) and spent most of it traveling. After I got back from New York last Sunday night, I went back Wednesday morning for New Year’s and to help my boyfriend move into his new apartment on the Upper East Side.
For New Year’s Eve, I went to my best friend’s apartment…in Times Square. It was really nice, catching up with my two best friends since we don’t see each other that often. Fun fact: two of us brought boyfriends named Alex, haha.
The idea was to go down and watch the ball drop at like 11:45, while spending the rest of the night in her warm, uncrowded apartment, which she’s done the past two years. It turned out that because of protests against the NYC police, there were like 5 times as many crowd barricades in the Square as usual, so we couldn’t actually leave her block of 8th Avenue. We could see the stage from her window, but not the ball actually dropping.
The rest of my time there, I just hung out in Alex’s apartment. The apartment didn’t have furniture, TV, internet, or food. So that was fun. But I got kind of used to sharing a twin-size inflatable mattress, watching DVDs on my laptop, and going down to Starbucks to write blog posts as fast as I could. Haha.
Since then I’ve been working on knitting a blanket for the new apartment, which is taking for freaking ever, and anticipating going back to work tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten most of my calendar and to-do list, and how to do most of my job lol. It’s been awhile since I’ve done it…
I’ve done a ton of writing the past week, which I love. On this blog, on my “professional” blog, and working on guest posts for a few marketing blogs (I’ll share those posts when they’re live).
On Book Bumblings:
- I shared 10 resolutions for this blog for 2015.
- I officially launched the first month’s challenge for Be a Better Blogger!
- I announced my own goals for the challenge.
- I reviewed Star Struck by Laurelin Paige as the first book in my Re-Read Challenge.
- I published several Bumblings Blog Tips to help BABB challenge participants:
On My Personal Website:
- I wrote about starting this blog for Jessica Lawlor’s Get Gutsy Essay Contest.
- Instead of sharing my New Year’s resolutions, I shared my three words guiding them.
- Speaking of the Get Gutsy Essay Contest, there’s still time to share your own story about stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Ashley at Nose Graze is contemplating launching a membership site for bloggers. It sounds super awesome, and you should take her survey and sign up to find out when it launches!
- She’s also doing a giveaway to win one of her WordPress themes. Have I mentioned she’s awesome?
- Karen shares how she stays on top of her blogging calendar.
- Jenn talks about books she DNF-ed. This is an awesome idea, although I can’t believe she didn’t love on of my all-time favorites, Seduction & Snacks! 😛
- You all know I’m a Penny Reid fan…big time. If I haven’t converted you yet, check out the boxed set of Neanderthal Seeks Human and Neanderthal Marries Human. It’s on sale for $2.99.
- I finally got around to starting Enforce by Rachel Van Dyken…I love seeing the other side(s) of the story.
- Some of my favorite books are currently totally free: Fixed On You by Laurelin Paige, Wild Attraction by Emma Hart, Caught Up in Her by Lauren Blakely, and Frenched by Melanie Harlow.