The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
So, this is my second week in a row posting this on Monday instead of Sunday. #DoubleFail. Buuut, I was busy yesterday launching the month’s Be a Better Blogger challenge! So, there’s that.
Then there was the Super Bowl. Katy Perry was everything. I love her performances – it’s more than singing, it’s a freaking show, a celebration. There were sharks! And human beachballs! I want every outfit every backup dancer wore. Lenny was awesome but I wish he was onstage longer. I’m pacified by the fact that he was replaced by MISSY MISDEMEANOR! I was (and still am) all about Missy. Her stuff was really popular when I was getting really into hip hop dance, and her beats were awesome for choreographing. She needs to make new music now, please and thank you.
It’s My Life
Another rough week, such is my life. I spent forever editing an intern’s post about fighting burnout at work, which is pretty ironic considering how burnt out at work I am, and spending 2 hours editing one post didn’t help. I was lucky to take half of my allotted lunch break most days.
On the bright side, this is the last week of our winter internship, and so far we don’t have any interns for the spring, which means I get to write blog posts again. This is awesome for several reasons. 1. I love writing. 2. I hate editing. 3. I write faster than I edit, so preparing blog posts for publishing won’t take as long. 4. I love writing. 5. I hate editing.
I came home Friday night at like 8 after being out for work-related things for like 14 hours, so I promptly crashed on the couch and slept for 12 hours. Saturday was pretty relaxing, and even though I didn’t get out of bed until dinnertime on Sunday, I got a lot done.
On the Blog(s)
On my personal blog:
- I totally redesigned my website! I used the same theme as I have on here (more on that this weekend in my redesign post!) and over the next few weeks am going to revamp a lot of the content, too.
- If you’re a planner and organization nerd like me, you’ll like my post on how I’m organizing 2015.
Bookish posts from the week:
- I finally posted my review of For the Record by K.A. Linde, another hot political romance.
- I fought the urge to hate time jumps with Love Bites by Rachel K. Burke.
- First audiobook review ever with Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.
- I squee, squee, squeed over Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren.
Bloggish posts from the week:
- We wrapped up January’s Be a Better Blogger challenge about email marketing.
- I launched February’s Be a Better Blogger challenge, which focuses on building the best blogging schedule for you.
- I announced my personal goals for the challenge, as well.
Links I Lurve
- I love this post from Bookish Broads with pictures of their bookshelf organization schematics. Two things I love: books and organizing!
- An Oh, the Books guest posts has great book hangover cures for series.
- Parajunkee talks about building a blog schedule (note: this is different than a blogging schedule, which is what BABB is talking about this month).
- Jen at Back Off My Books relaunched her blog and it looks amazing!
- Beautiful Redemption, the second Maddox brothers book by Jamie McGuire.! ($5.99)
- Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren – a short novella following the beautiful gang. ($0.99)
- The Hooker and the Hermit by Penny Reid and L.H. Cosway – an awesome collab and I can’t wait to post my review! ($3.99)
- Word Play by Amalie Silver – $0.99 (read my review)
- All Lined Up by Cora Carmack – $0.99
- All Broke Down by Cora Carmack – $0.99 (read my review)
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens – $0.99
What I’ve read:
- Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren – squee! (Here’s my review.)
- Private Internship by Kitsy Clare
- A Night of Seduction by Lauren Blakely
- Mai Tai’d Up by Alice Clayton (finally!)