The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
I’ve been so…not me lately. Remember I mentioned in the last recap that my boyfriend and I were thinking about a last-minute trip to San Diego, but it probably wouldn’t happen? It actually did!
Monday night, we booked a trip starting Wednesday. I think that’s the most spontaneous thing either of us have ever done. I mean, crossing time zones? Layovers? That usually takes some planning. And you know how I am with planning – and I just didn’t have time for it this year.
I wrote / edited 2 ebooks in the last week of 2015 alone, was working 12-hour days for my day job and then trying to devote a solid 3-5 hours per night to my blogs and side projects. I still don’t really understand how this trip actually happened, but I’m glad it did.
San Diego was the relaxing trip I needed so badly. I made a promise to myself (that I actually kept) to only work and open my laptop after the sun went down, and spent the days walking on the beach watching Boyfriend surf, hiking Torrey Pines, and exploring “main street” La Jolla. It was a little chilly, though.
Oh, and since we didn’t get to the hotel until 4 am on the morning of the 31st, I fell asleep right after midnight EST, sleeping right through ringing in the new year where I was actually located. Womp, womp, woooomp.
Since then, I’ve trying to get back into the groove after several weeks of having days off, working from strange locations, and stuff like that.
I’ll also be hosting a Bloggiesta challenge this week (here it is!) and launching a new book blogging planner – one focused on tracking blog tours – coming out in the next few weeks. Get excited! If you want to join the Bloggiesta too, sign up here.
Bloggiesta To-Do List
- Finish landing page and email copy for the blog tour planner so I can do an “official” announcement.
Write 2 reviews – all my upcoming tour/scheduled reviews are taken care of, so I’m just gonna pick anything from my NetGalley shelf.
- Redo the ‘hire me’ page on my professional website now that it needs to be targeted to freelancing clients instead of a full-time employer (this is so long overdue, glad it manages to get clients anyway!).
- Edit one freelance blog post I’ve been working on this week, and write another.
- Finish the page for my upcoming ‘book of the month’ sponsorship package.
- Schedule blog posts and linkups for the next few Write On Review-a-Thons.
On the Blog(s)
- Review: First Touch by Laurelin Paige – the part of me that loves police procedural dramas, and the A&E channel, loved this book and trying to figure things out before they happened. 😛
- Review: Big Rock by Lauren Blakely – I might’ve finally found a romance my boyfriend wants to read, and this took me out of a rom com rut I didn’t even realize I was in.
- Review: What You Need by Lorelei James – Brady was my perfect kind of romance hero – powerful, business-like, nerdy, and not an asshole.
- 6 Forgotten Ways to Clean Up Your Blog – If you’re rehauling or cleaning up your blog for the new year, make sure you’re not forgetting about any of these important things to update and redo.
- 2015 by the Numbers – Instead of a thoughtful, poetic annual recap, I made a list of all the things I did in 2015 that were kind of a big deal. I was very surprised and impressed with the numbers.
Links I Lurve
If you want to get organized and get your shit together in 2016, you should grab a book blogging planner created by a real-life, Type A organization freak. Download the Read & Review Tracker to create a process for requesting, reading, reviewing, and promoting books as a blogger.