The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
It was a pretty busy week last week. I’m having a medical thing done this week and am not sure how much I’ll be able to work during that time, so I needed to get ahead just in case. For both my day job, my blogs, and freelancing. Crazy, crazy!
Also, Halloween prep. Aka obsessively tracking Amazon tracking to make sure things would get here in time. And they almost didn’t, and I started panicking and making a new tutu for my backup ballerina Wonder Woman costume.
But thankfully, I was able to be Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! I even went to Times Square to find someone dressed as Iron Man to be my Titus Andromedon. #HashbrownNoFilter #FemalesAreStrongAsHell
I didn’t actually go to the party I’d planned on at night – this health issue makes me feel like crap most of the time and I just couldn’t get out of bed. 🙁 But I put on my TARDIS onesie, which is technically supposed to be a costume and I just choose to wear all the time.
Today the NYC marathon took over my neighborhood, so it took like 20 minutes to cross the street, and I quickly gave up and came home to Netflix and blogging. I got a ton done for the review-a-thon, actually writing a few that weren’t on my list! When does that ever happen?
On the Blog(s)
- Signup: Write On Review-a-Thon
- How to Create Super Secret Pinterest Graphics for Your Blog Posts
- Just Checking In: Goodbye October, Hello November
- Author Bumblings – author marketing services – mind helping me spread the word? here’s a tweet!
- Work Brighter – I redesigned and refocused my personal blog and loving it more than ever!
Links I Lurve
Love hanging out with other book bloggers but hate how disorganized Facebook and Goodreads groups can be? Me too. My new favorite place to connect with other marketers, freelancers, and bloggers is through Slack communities. Originally meant as a team chat system for things like interoffice instant messaging, it’s now being used to create amazing communities and forums, as well.
I searched high and low for a Slack group for book bloggers, even tried to
bribe persuade other book bloggers to start one. I came up with zilch, so I bit the bullet and started one myself!
And that’s how Badass Book Bloggers came to be!
I just created the team a few weeks ago, so now is your chance to be one of the earliest members that helps decide what the group will come to be. Right now, it’s a place to ask questions, share what you’re reading, get book recommendations, and learn how to be a badass book blogger. And share gifs. They have an awesome Giphy integration. 😛
Book Bumblings: What I’ve Read
- One King’s Way by Samantha Young – a story I’ve been wanting for so long! Review coming later this week. 🙂
- Hard Beat by K. Bromberg – one of the most original contemporary romances I’ve rad. Review coming later this week as well!
- Friction by Sawyer Bennett – gah! All of the sexiness. Read my review here.