The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
It’s My Life
It was a pretty busy week at work. I launched a big post that I spent 3x my usual writing time on, and right now I’m just hoping it pays off. :X
Between working superlong hours last week and trying to walk home instead of taking the subway (more to spend some time not sitting/working than to save money), there wasn’t time for much else. Plus it ended with me going into hermit mode for the weekend. I crashed early every night, took a nap both days, and didn’t do much in between. But it was so good and so necessary. Although I think this week and weekend will end up going the same way.
I’m also writing an ecourse to be sold on my personal website. I haven’t publicly announced the details, but it’s for anyone who wants to up their productivity. Want to find out when it launches? Sign up for updates.
On the Blog(s)
- Review: On My Knees by J. Kenner
- Review: Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader
- Review: Made for Us by Samantha Chase
- Author Bumblings – author marketing services – mind helping me spread the word? here’s a tweet!
- Work Smarter Weekly – get productivity and app tips in your inbox every Saturday morning.
Be a Better Blogger: DIY GSD
For this month’s Be a Better Blogger challenge, pick 3 small tasks that you’ve been procrastinating. That can be anything from updating your review archives (one of my goals) to spending a few hours writing reviews in advance or scheduling social media posts. Pick 3 things you want to do but haven’t yet, and do them.
Links I Lurve
Do you skimm?
TheSkimm is a daily newsletter (every weekday) that sends you a summary of the headlines from the day before. Actually, it’s better. Because the writing is funny, sarcastic, witty, and full of fun culture references. All while making me a more informed citizen. After all, why read the news when I can read a book? 😛
What I’ve read:
- Find Me by Laurelin Paige – pre-order for $3.99
- Fall with Me by Jennifer Armentrout – $4.99
- On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – $5.99
- The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert – $9.99