The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
Ugh, I know. I’m the worst. I am the worst blogger. Any scheduled review that wasn’t set in stone has been pushed back. Bumblings Blog Tips have slowed to to a halt. And I haven’t even done a write-up in awhile, let alone the BEA recap I really want to write. Explanation below.
It’s My Life
My new job is so hard! It’s one of the things I like about it, but I definitely can’t spend all night every night reading and blogging the way I used to. There’s always more work to do, plus event and face-to-face meetings that are all super fun but so exhausting.
It pains me to say it, but recent posting frequency might become my normal. 🙁
Also, I’m going to Paris tomorrow! My company is headquartered there and I’ll be working out of that office for two weeks. So I have a few reviews scheduled, but don’t expect to hear a lot from me. Apparently at night we just chill in the apartment, so I might write a post or two. But don’t count on it, because it’s Paris. 🙂
I still need to write a recap of BEA, even if it’s only to fangirl over Mindy Kaling and post a picture of my book haul.
And you know it’s Tony season when you spend 4 hours of your Friday night watching YouTube videos of Broadway performances from Sutton Foster (current) to Ethel Merman (who my grandma saw on Broadway). Four. freaking. hours. I’m not exaggerating. It’s made me realize I haven’t taken advantage of all these shows right in my backyard! I check prices at the TKTS booth a lot but never buy anything, and that needs to change! Especially before Darren Criss’ run of Hedwig and the Angry Inch is over!
This is super rambly. Wow. Haha. Sorry.
On the Blog(s)
Bookish posts from the week:
- Review: Sweet Ache by K. Bromberg
- Review: My So-Called Life by J.D. Hollyfield
- Review: Capture by Penny Reid
- All Played Out Bucket List: 5 Concerts You Should See Live
- Review: Imperfections by Shaniel Watson
- Review: Falling for His Best Friend by Katee Robert
Bloggish posts from the week:
Links I Lurve
- Since I haven’t recapped BloggerCon / BEA myself – see Nose Graze’s post instead!
- Have you heard of Slack? My new company uses it for company instant messaging but I’m finding so many other uses for it, and I’m not the only one.
- Speaking of, I’m starting a book bloggers group on Slack. I’m still building out the different rooms and channels, but you can start requesting your invites here.
What I’ve read:
- Sweet Ache by K. Bromberg (read my review)
- Moonlight on Nightingale Way by Samantha Young
- Currently reading: Playing Dirty by C.L. Parker
- Currently reading: Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners