The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
Wow, actually posting on a Sunday for once! I’ll hold a few seconds for the applause…
It’s My Life
New York is crazy! My body is already screaming at me for being so lazy back in Delaware. But my Fitbit steps have been rocking it! On my personal leaderboard for myself and my Fitbit friends, I went from normally being dead last on the list to the #2 slot!
I’m tempted to purposely not exercise outside of regular travel – work, errands, etc. so that I can track my weight loss and know it’s all attributed to not having a car. Otherwise, I don’t know how I would isolate that data, and this is something I want to get geeky with. But signing up for classes at Broadway Dance Center is too tempting!
I also started my new job on Wednesday. It seems really cool so far. The commute is kind of long, at around an hour, but on my first day we actually picked out a new space starting in June, which is a lot closer to my apartment.
I haven’t done much “work work” yet, unfortunately. It’s like syllabus week but for the real world. I’ve spend most of my time reading documentation the previous employee in this position left for me, familiarizing myself with the company’s actual product, and introducing myself to people I’ll be working with.
But it’s still enough to show me that I’m going to love this job. It’s all the parts of my old job that I actually liked, and lighter on the stuff I didn’t. What’s more, is that the tasks I always enjoyed are going to be much easier the way the new company does them. From processes to communication to tools, I feel like I’m much more equipped for success. 🙂
It’s also already much more social – I’ve gone out with people I work with/near two out of my three days so far. Definitely different from past jobs. But I’m really looking forward to it!
On the Blog(s)
Bookish posts from the week:
Links I Lurve
- Kelly at Stacked Books talks about her experiment with bullet journaling – something I love geeking out about and still need to try one of these days!
- Elena at Novel Sounds gives tips for BEA – again, something super relevant for me right now.
- Ashley at Nose Graze talks about creating unique business cards – I have a really awesome idea for new cards, but it relies on launching something that’s so far from being launched, so wah. 🙁
- Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid – free (read my review)
- Getting Lucky Number Seven by Cindi Madsen – $0.99 (read my review)
- Frenched Series Bundle by Melanie Harlow (read my reviews of Forked and Floored)
- Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines – $1.99
- One More Chance by Abbi Glines – $1.99
What I’ve read: