The Weekly Write-Up is where I talk about what’s gone on in the past 168 hours, both on the blog and off.
So this recap is really late, later than usual. But you know what? Hackers suck. I was looking at my analytics Monday night and noticed a suspicious amount of organic search traffic, and sure enough, logging into GWT showed some seriously sketchy searches driving traffic to my site. Yep, I got hacked.
Unfortunately, there are just a few other things going on in my life right now, and couldn’t even devote time to fixing it right away. Tuesday morning, I found out my site protection included scanning for malware, but not fixing it. So then Tuesday night, I started looking into upgrading.
Obviously, I didn’t want to publish new posts while the site was compromised, but now that I’m back up, the posts are gonna come fast.
It’s My Life
So many things are happening!
- Moving company has been acquired. Depending on how many hours it takes/I’m charged for to load and unload the moving truck, I might go a bit over my initial budget, but only by about 4%, so I’m okay with it.
- I had my last day at work yesterday. Omg, it was so awkward. I’ve been there longer than the majority of the current staff, most of whom have started in the past year or so and I don’t know that well. There are also people I worked closely with that I knew despised me, but were making a half-assed effort to act sad. It just felt awkward to me. There were two people I teared up saying goodbye to, though.
- I totally get the appeal of “funemployment:” taking a few weeks between jobs to just have fun. I let myself do it today, and maybe one more. I wish I didn’t have so much packing and organizing to do, so I could enjoy it more.
- I’m still completely terrified of not being good enough at my new job when I start it.
On the Blog(s)
Bookish posts from the week:
Bloggish posts from the week:
Links I Lurve
I always love looking at how other people organize their blogging. Here is a great post on Quinn’s Book Nook about her own planner.
Featured new release:
- Club Luxe 1 – The Private Room by Olivia Noble – free (read my review)
- Frenched by Melanie Harlow – free
- Friends with Full Benefits by Luke Young – free
- Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills – free
- Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park – on sale for $0.99
- Wanted by J. Kenner – on sale for $1.99
What I’ve read:
- Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren (just a few chapters when I was in the mood)
- All Played Out by Cora Carmack (finally!)
- Changing His Game by Megan Erickson (omg, nerd love)