Happy pre-Thanksgiving, my fellow U.S. bookworms!
Thanksgiving is actually a holiday I associate more with reading than food. With my SED/ARFID, a food-centered holiday is a nightmare. So while I was younger and everyone else spent Thanksgiving day in the kitchen, I was up in my room reading to avoid getting nauseated from the sights and smells.
When I got older, traffic going home for Thanksgiving was always worse than any other holiday (roughly double what it normally takes around here), traveling down I-95 was when I (a) got into listening to audiobooks to pass the time, and (b) remember sitting going crazy on the Megabus when my Kindle and phone both died.
This year, unfortunately I can’t go home – my recent health stuff will make it hard to travel for 6 hours. 🙁 But that means that I’ll have a ton of time for both reading and reviewing! I’m kind of excited about the prospect of 4 days of being more of a hermit than usual.
This Month’s Review-a-Thon
The review-a-thon takes place on the last weekend of each month. Signups are posted about a week ahead of time, we’ll review our hearts out from Friday to Sunday, and the wrap-up post will be posted on Monday.
The next review-a-thon will be this Friday, November 27 through Sunday, November 29.
How to Participate:
- Create a post on your blog or a social media page with the list of what you’re going to review for the upcoming challenge. Remember to include the official blurb I’ve included for you below so your readers can join in.
- Add the URL of that post to the linkup below.
- Tackle your list throughout the weekend. Take no mercy nor prisoners! And join in the conversation on Twitter using #reviewathon. 🙂
- Update us with your progress – you can either update your original post or create a new one.
- When the wrap-up goes live Monday morning, add the URL of your progress info to the linkup.
Grab the Blurb:
The Write On Review-a-Thon is a challenge hosted by Book Bumblings. From Friday through Sunday, we all band together and write as many reviews as possible. It’s a weekend for you to either catch up on reviews or get ahead on upcoming ones. It doesn’t matter if you write one review or 10 – if you write a review, you’re in. 🙂 Join this month’s challenge here.
My Review-a-Thon To-Do List:
Dirty Deeds by Megan Erickson– scheduled for 12/1! Sweet Bliss by Helena Rac– scheduled for 12/4! More Than Comics by Elizabeth Briggs– posted!
- More Than Fashion by Elizabeth Briggs