Series: On Dublin Street #6
Author: Samantha Young
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 2, 2015
Amazon (affiliate link) • Goodreads
Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Read more
Related Books: One King's Way, Every Little Thing
About Moonlight on Nightingale Way:Logan from Echoes of Scotland Street is back with his own smoldering story, as the New York Times bestselling On Dublin Street series returns…
Logan spent two years paying for the mistakes he made. Now, he’s ready to start over. He has a great apartment, a good job, and plenty of women to distract him from his past. And one woman who is driving him to distraction…
Grace escaped her manipulative family by moving to a new city. Her new life, made to suit her own needs, is almost perfect. All she needs to do is find her Mr. Right—or at least figure out a way to ignore her irresistible yet annoying womanizer of a neighbor.
Grace is determined to have nothing to do with Logan until a life-changing surprise slowly begins turning the wild heartbreaker into exactly the kind of strong, stable man she’s been searching for. Only just when she begins to give into his charms, her own messy past threatens to derail everything they’ve worked to build…
Hey guys! As my new job leaves less time for blogging, I’m trying something new: quick and dirty reviews. This way I can spend less time turning the notes I take while/right after reading, into a review. And I’m still getting all the important stuff across, so why not?
- Loved it.
- At first it was reminding me of Wallbanger a little too much. But then again, Wallbanger is fucking fantastic, one of my all-time favorites, so how much is too much? I was questioning the originality, but still loving every minute of it.
- But then you get to the twist and damn, is it a twist. And I found myself feeling ridiculous for questioning the book’s originality.
- I kept thinking of Shrek with Grace’s name, but the last names weren’t even the same. So that was just my cross to bear.
- The pseudo family formed + Grace’s friend makes “choosing your family,” a huge theme in this book, and a theme that I really liked.
- The one thing I really didn’t like was the epilogue. I get that this was the last book in the series and it’s nice to say goodbye to all of the main characters in the series. But with the way the main part of the book ended, I felt jipped that I didn’t get a longer epilogue for Grace and Logan specifically.
- It only felt slightly better than when the last 25% of a book is a preview of another. I know I’m probably in the minority with this opinion.
- It wasn’t that I wouldn’t enjoy more of Joss, Braden, and the whole gang. It was that I’d accepted not having more, where as I was still expecting more of Grace and Logan.
About Samantha Young
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She’s been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award 2012 for Best Author and Best Romance for her international bestseller ON DUBLIN STREET and Best Romance 2014 for BEFORE JAMAICA LANE. ON DUBLIN STREET is Samantha’s first adult contemporary romance series and has sold in twenty-eight countries.