Author: Reggie Thomas
Genres: New Adult
Release Date: May 16, 2014
Amazon (affiliate link) • Goodreads
Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Read more
About Love Match:When tennis star Harper Reed headed off to a prestigious college on the Philadelphia Main Line, little did she know her life would soon change forever. There, on her first day of classes, the demure virgin meets the gorgeous football star, Wes Wood, a senior from a rich, prominent political family. Wes leads a privileged life, flush with multi-million dollar homes and countless perks, a life Harper has always dreamed of.
The rising lawyer promptly becomes Harper's first lover, and the pair engage in an affair filled with glitzy parties, glamorous gifts, and political intrigue. Awed by Wes and his world, Harper is certain Wes is the man of her dreams, but is he?
Entirely in her own words, Harper takes you on her sexy, fun, fast-paced, coming of age journey through life in search of true love. Will her journey wind up where it began, with Wes?
Or will she fall for another lover she encounters along the way, perhaps the sensual heart surgeon, Dr. Raj Sharma. Harper describes the exotic healer as making her "feel like a woman rather than a girl." Or maybe the irresistible actor, Cam Carpenter, is Harper's love match. Harper becomes "like an animal in heat" when she sweats up next to him at a trendy Manhattan club, and the pair quickly consummate their mutual infatuation. If not Cam, could Harper's tennis pro, the sexy Spaniard, Gabriel Garcia, be her true love? Harper's passion for him is unworldly as she describes, "It was as if Gabriel was the Greek god Eros and he shot his arrow in me inflicting almost unbearable love and sexual desire. I became addicted to him like an illegal drug I couldn't get enough of. Gabriel was so good I would have paid for it."
Which of these smoking hot lovers is Harper's true love, her mirror? Will she wind up with Wes and find happiness in his elite world, the world she has always desired? Read Harper's account of her wildly entertaining adventures and find out. The fascinating beauty will instantly captivate you with her remarkable life, straight out of Sex and the City, and leave you yearning for more.
I hate writing negative reviews, so I’m just going to list this out and get it over with:
- This was basically a DNF, since I really wanted to give up, but it was like a car wreck. I couldn’t look away. Honestly, I kind of hate-read it, which I don’t like admitting to.
- It was written like a police report – a flat, factual retelling of events. But then there were also hints of a delusional preteen, who thinks that she has a boyfriend just because a guy smiled at her.
- Harper honestly just seemed so delusional, to the point that I wondered about her mental health. The first year they were together, they saw each other half a dozen times, at most, and she thought they were in a committed relationship and were in love.
- The writing just made it hard to get pulled in. I was completely uninvested because I was just reading words on a page. The chemistry, the emotion, was all hard to believe.
- The main issue is that there was no “show,” all “tell.” We were told how characters felt, but we weren’t shown any of it.