Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by! If you can’t tell by the title, I’m a bit of a talker (I bumble), so stay with me here…
About Book Bumblings
There are 2 sides to Book Bumblings: I like to call them the bookish and the bloggish.
I started this blog in 2014 as a place to just let the bookish feels out. I was reading constantly, and had no one to talk to about these amaaaazing books! So I started a place to talk to myself, and eventually other people showed up to listen too. 🙂
- Lots of contemporary romance, romantic comedy, and new adult books.
- Weird-ass reviews. I tend to bumble (hence the name), go off on tangents, and explain things in terms of Friends episodes and movie quotes.
- Made up words. When I can’t find a word that says what I want to say, I’ll create one or mush 2 words together.
- Curses, but funny, creative ones. I’m particularly fond of douchecanoe and twatwaffle.
- Pop culture references. Sorry if you need to check IMDB to understand my references (actually, #sorrynotsorry).
So if you want wonderfully rambly, off-the-wall, and (hopefully) funny reviews about romance, you’ve come to the right place.
To be the first to see these new reviews, subscribe to new posts:
I realized soon after joining the book blogging community that I could help other bloggers get shit done. I’ve been blogging and experimenting with different aspects of building websites since I was 12. And it’s a major aspect of my full-time job now. And I’m that nerd that spends her Friday nights drinking wine and watching tutorials on YouTube.
So I decided to share everything I know so you can be a better blogger. That’s done in a few different ways:
- Blogging tips: there are a lot of Bumblings blog posts about growing your blog through better blogging, social media, email marketing, and getting organized.
- Write On Review-a-Thon: for us book bloggers, it can be so easy to fall behind on reviews. This monthly challenge helps you stay on top of it.
- Be a Better Blogger: another monthly challenge, this focuses on all the things that are too easy to procrastinate, like blog admin and those “to do someday” improvements.
…with more coming soon. Tell me what you need help with, and I’ll address it. 🙂
The Girl Behind the Blog
I’m Brittany, a twenty-something writer that works in PR & marketing for a software startup. Yeah, I spend 50 hours a week writing blog and social media posts, then log into Book Bumblings at the end of the day and do it some more. Sometimes I think I’m crazy.
In the free time I do have, I’m usually reading (obviously) or deep into a Netflix binge. When I actually get myself to exercise, I hate it, but I do love dancing.
I live in a tiny, tiny apartment in NYC with my boyfriend, “the boyf,” as you’ll see him affectionally referenced around here. I love TV, the internet, and Diet Coke. I hate healthy foods and things that get in the way of me spending time with the things I love. 😛
To hear more from me: